Last Modified: June 1, 2022
Friends of Michigan Libraries (“We” or “Us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information We may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://foml.org (our “Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information We collect:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages about between you and Us related to this Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Us or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We may gather information in the following ways:
- Information collected automatically. Foml.org uses web analytics to collect and process some of your information. This may include information about how you linked to Foml.org, when you accessed our website, the searches you initiated, things you clicked on, your IP address, the type of browser and operating system you used, and the pages you requested and visited. This information is aggregated and is used to improve the website.
- Information voluntarily submitted. The Friends of Michigan Libraries (or our third party vendors) may collect additional information if you voluntarily provide it (e.g., in connection with an online transaction). The type of information varies by transaction and may include: your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card number, username, and password.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information We collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site or requesting services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Us .
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our
- Your search queries on the Site.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information We collect automatically may include personal information, or We may maintain it or associate it with personal information We collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us , including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us , including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services We offer or provide through it, including through newsletters and announcements. You may unsubscribe to these services by following the instructions contained in the email.
- If you provide Us with information about a third party, We may retain that information to provide the service requested. For example, users may share articles on Foml.org with a third party through the “mail to a friend” option.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To share the information with your consent.
- To share your information as necessary to provide the product or service you have requested.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business.
- To a successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Friends of Michigan Libraries about our Site users is among the assets
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Friends of Michigan Libraries, our stakeholders, or others.
- To respond to or comply with any subpoenas, court orders, law, regulation, regulatory guidance, legal process, including to requests pursuant to the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, MCL 15.231, et seq.
We limit access to personally identifiable information gathered through Foml.org to employees and agents who need access to perform a specific job. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of this website and our organization as part of our continuing commitment to the security of information.
Foml.org uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt and protect your personal financial information during Internet transmissions.
Revised: June 1, 2022
Approved by FOML Board: June 1, 2022